Tuesday, July 03, 2007


Today is my Birthday!! When I was 30, I threw my own 30th Surprise Birthday Party. It was a totally great party. In that spirit, I am writing my own 47th Birthday Tribute..... I started to write a list of 25 great things everyone should know about me but I got kinda tired just thinking about which 25 to select. I dug this out of my e-mail. So just think I can write about myself and assuage my guilt around all the people who sent this to me and assumed I would pass it on and I never did.


Four jobs I have had in my life

1. Travel counselor for Jackson Hole Chamber of Commerce

2. Wedding florist

3. Top Rep for Dynix (Library Automation) (this one is for you Carrie)
4. Currently work with Honda, Suzuki, Mitsu and Kia

Four movies I have watched over and over again

1. Room with a View

2. The Mission

3. Cry, the Beloved Country

4. All the Harry Potters and Lord of the Rings

Four TV shows I love to watch

1. Any and all reality shows, regardless of the worth. I once watched an afternoon of Flavor of Love Charm school. Pathetic, I should be embarassed.
2. The 4400

3. The Office
4. All varieties of Law and Order


A few places I have been on vacation

1. Italy

2. Carribean: 5 cruises
3. D.C.
4. Florida

Four of my favorite foods

1. Shrimp Scampi

2. Pasta Carbonara
3. Cheese Enchiladas
4. Chocolate
[I love food -- this list could be very long]

Four places I would rather be right now

1. Taking a nap

2. Italy

3. Making cards
4. Reading a good book

Four things you do not know about me:


1. I can do a stupid person trick where I fold my elbows inside each othe and put my head through the middle.

2. I once worked on a church project with Bill Marriott. He would call me for the meetings and it totally freaked out my co-workers.

3. When I watch, "So You Think You Can Dance," I think I can.

4. I believe I can do most anything (except professional sports).


Four ways I am incredibly blessed:


1. I have an amazing family including extended who are loving and supportive.

2. I have incredibly loving and talented friends.

3. I have the gospel of Jesus Christ to guide me in life. This makes all other blessings sweeter.

4. I am richly provided for in all ways.


Happy Birthday to me!


Enough for now...love to all.

6 comments:

Boyd Smith said...

The 4400.......
You must be on a whole nother level.

Very good blog. It is amazing to learn so much about you, in so few words.

I hope you had a wonderful birthday, and I hope to see you soon.

All my love - Boyd

carrie pearson said...

Happy Birthday to YOU!!! I always forget your exact birthday, so I am glad you put in out there. A couple of things your forgot -

You are a great friend.
You are always up for a laugh. You are a great ALA roommate, even if we did stay up until they threw the paper for the next day.
You are a great mentor - I have learned more about work and life from you throught the years than I can say.
You are a great mother, and work hard to keep your priorities straight.

All in all, you are great! I hope you had a happy one.

Sheila said...

Oooh, I love the photo-shoped eye collage! Very cool!
What a life you've led! The more I find out about you the more I love you!
I hope your day was wonderful!

Reva Petersen said...

Just yesterday I made a post to a message board listing my four favorite movies (not in any particular order).

1. Much Ado About Nothing
2. Passage to India
3. The Mission
4. Room with A View

How weird is that??

I hope you had a wonderful b'day!

You could NEVER get me to do that eye thing. Yikes!

Love ya,
Reva

Eric Pearson said...

happy belated birthday Stacey....

when are you coming to see us again?

Marilyn Eyre said...

Happy Happy Birthday Stacey Dear
Happy days will come to you all year!
If I had a wish then it would be,
A Happy Happy Birthday to YOU from ME!!
Stacey, I love your blog! I am a blogaholic and I don't even have one, but I love reading about other people that I know and love. Even those I don't know yet, but LOVE their blogs!
I miss you! I loved reading the things not known about you. You are so funny! I am glad you are not embarassed about the things you watch because we all have those even if we don't want to admit it.
Book club is not the same without you there. Each person brings such a different dynamic and can not be replaced! Know that you are thought of often and loved immeasurably.
Marilyn Eyre