Thursday, September 13, 2007

What a difference a week makes. Since the Dr. suggested I may have Celiacs Disease, I have been on a gluten free diet. Hence the AA chip. I think the chip is appropriate because I feel like I am in the early days of sobriety. My head is clear for the first time in quite a few weeks. And the cravings are still ever present. Gluten free means no bread, rolls, cake, cookies or anything made with wheat, rye or barley flour. Even the seemingly "good stuff" can be off limits--balance bars for example. I have become reacquianted with the vegetable. And my new best friend is the George Foreman grill. I never made kabobs this pretty unless I was serving to book club.
Last night I spent a hour or so looking at The Story People website. When I first started blogging, I would insert a story of the day. So here's one entitled INVENTION for this picture:
I always wanted to invent something that would move around & make funny noises & would change the world as we know it & I forgot all about that until we had kids & now I see I came pretty close.
Enough for now...love to all.

Okay, sorry but I just read another one that made me crack up called BAD FIT
Certain types of people don't fit in here, she told me when we first moved in.
Just assume you're one of them & you'll be fine.
Okay really enough...love to all.

3 comments:

Boyd Smith said...

Stacey,

I had to look up Celiacs, just to make sure I also had it. I guess that's just the hypochondriac in me.

Who knows, maybe I really do have it. It wouldn't hurt to try and go gluten free..........much.

I love you and hope that you continue to feel better. Love, Boyd

... said...

What a fun blog, and the highs and lows of gluten intolerance and some funny things, too! I went for a week without gluten not too long ago to see if I was celiac. Apparently I am okay with wheat, etc. But can't handle anything malted (malted barley flour is in so many things!!!!), or dairy, and something else, but I haven't quite narrowed it down.

During that week I had rice bread (it's rather dense, but not bad), and rice tortillas(not bad at all). I was heartened to see that whole foods has tons of gluten free foods, and I still have a lot of gluten-free baking mix.

In some ways I felt better not consuming the gluten foods, but, apparently it wasn't the gluten that was the problem but other stuff in it.

I have to read labels for anything I eat due to several food sensitivities. And, I usually eat before a ward function, and then only eat what I know I can,

So, in other words, you have my empathy and support!

Jake said...

Gluten free would kill me. You are disciplined! Hope it helps...