Monday, December 04, 2006












Okay, my posting screen has returned to normal. Saturday night, Doug and I and the kids had an amazing dinner prepared by our friend Jose Tosado and his wife Tiffany. Jose fixed enchiladas that were excellent but what really got to me was his recipe for guacamole. Tiffany and Jose live in an area of Long Beach called Naples because there is a canal in the middle of the area in which gondolas and boats travel down. Although, the gondoliers must have some sort of noise restriction because there was not much in the way of singing that we could hear.

Anyway, after dinner, we went down to the canal for a stroll to see the houses decorated for Christmas. Apparently there is a competition and later in the month we could go back and see the winning decorations. These homes are in the 2 million+ range. I seriously doubt that these owners are hanging there own lights. Frankly, I think this should be a part of the judging criteria. The homeowner would have to describe how long and what injuries occured during the hanging of the lights.
This was the first time I have scene the "upside down" Christmas tree. And the Santa face in lights was very creative. I could see Doug and Jose running for cover refusing to "buy in" to this lighting excess.
Anyway, some fun photos.
More than enough for now...love to all.

No comments: