Tuesday, December 05, 2006







Can I just say that I hate Parent Teacher Conference. To come at the appointed time, sit on little chairs designed to make you feel small and hear how your child is not the "well above average" child you know in your heart they are. Every fall conference for the past 5 years I have heard from teachers about both my children's propensity for distration. By Spring they have usually figured out how the teacher views the world and can parrot back the appropriate behavior usually ending up the year a grade ahead. Where does that little grade go during the summer? I try to continue reading with the library Summer Reading programs. Oh well, at least I am progressing some--I now calmly accept the teachers assessment of my child and have ceased my, "well when they tested him last year, he was a grade ahead" rant.






Tonight we went to a baby shower for the Primary Secretary. Quite a good turnout and it felt a bit strange to be with women so familiar with each other in a more relaxed situation. One sister kept trying to get the others to feel her biceps with talk of how her trainer is whipping her into shape. I countered with having my closest friend in the ward feel the flab on my upper arm.


From the Story People:
Caregiver

What happened to you? I said & she said she was nurturing the cat against its will & that was the end of that conversation.
Enough for now....love to all.



No comments: