Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I just looked at my last post and realized that I should have explained why I included that photo. It looks strangely out of place amidst the photos of kids. I guess the photo is a total juxtapose with the text but the truth is...this photo never really captured the strength of my relationship with my dh. It is some photographers #5 on the list of mandatory engagement photos. A more realistic pose would be dh and I doing the firemans's carry or pulling an ox cart. We have had the blessing of working alongside each other for 12 years. One of the things I have always admired about my husband is his willingness to work. He has never been one to watch me clean around him. If I begin straightening up an area, he is right beside me doing his share. I'm sure I have his mother to thank for that and I would hope Spence is the same with his wife someday.
Enough for now...love to all.

1 comment:

Reva Petersen said...

Doug is a pit bull when it comes to completing a task.

I'll never forget when I asked him to install the ceiling fan upstairs. First he had the nerve to pretend he had been electrocuted, which scared the **** out of me. Then two hours later he would not give up on it when the obvious problem was the wiring had not been put in right.

I begged and begged him to leave it. His response was to pretend he had been electrocuted again!

He finally had to leave it, but that man is a workhorse!

Love,
Reva