Tuesday, January 02, 2007






Well ...


my sweet husband begins working for Chevron tomorrow. Imagine starting a new job after 30 years with the old one. He is excited but I think a bit anxious, kinda like starting at a new school...need to make friends with the cool kids...can't find the lunchroom or your locker. I am so delighted, I called him today and made him crazy with my "am I in the right job" rant.



Today, I received verification that Honda will buy 112K work of research. This is the largest new purchase in a few years so it is pretty significant. I am happy about the sale, it has been a long time coming.



With the new year it is time to reflect on my diet. Which has been a disaster the last month. It's the next fad--an all-carb diet, mandatory cookies, cakes and pasta. Time to change. I really feel the need to set some type of goal to increase muscle tone. Michaela received a "Wave" skateboard for Christmas. She wanted me to try it but I am so out of shape I was afraid to try.



We spent New Year's Eve on the pier in Huntington Beach. It was beautiful. Windy but 65 degrees. A little different from Salt Lake. We headed home by 8:30 or so. Doug and I would have been happy to go to sleep before midnight but the kids wouldn't have it. They were determined to stay up. At midnight we walked outside and recognized we live on the most boring street in CA. We heard some fireworks and loud noises in the neighborhood but not on our street.


On New Year's Day, Michaela came into our room wearing pink camo pants (two sizes too small) and a gold glitter green camo jacket with black Heeley's. She took one look at me and said, "It works, Mom." I had to stiffle a laugh. She is not gifted with color coordination. Many outfits or shall we say get-ups are not so easy on the eyes. But she is strong willed and once the outfit is on, best of luck getting her to change. I have decided to exercise the "get in there and change" option for more extreme situations.

Enough for now...love to all.

1 comment:

carrie pearson said...

Sounds like fun - Congrats on the Honda Sale. See, you can turn them around. Do you need any other reps???