Monday, December 11, 2006





































What a busy weekend. On Friday, we had our company Christmas Party. From there I went directly to a Christmas Party for the Achievement Day girls. Next day, the kids went with Steve to the LA Auto Show while Doug and I slipped off for a movie. We saw "Deja Vu" with Denzel Washington. Pretty good and the best thing about it was that it was not animated. That is the first adult movie Doug and I have seen since we have been in California.
Later that night was our Ward Christmas Party. I did the costumes for the Nativity and Doug was the Narrator. We are scheduled to sing for the Relief Society Christmas Party tomorrow. This ward is keeping us very busy.

Then yesterday afternoon, we went with our good friends, the MacAuliff Sisters to a mexican Rancho Christmas Open House. They had crafts and storytelling. The most interesting thing for me was this huge 150 year old fig tree (actually two trees grown together). The trunk is close to 6 feet in diameter and the roots are thick and topside. Makes for very interesting photos. This is Sister Frank MacAuliffe. Honestly, these three sisters need their own sitcom. They are all three docents at the Rancho and know all the details. These women are spiritual and physical giants.







Last night Spencer and I went to visit Karen Smith in our ward. I wanted to take her a couple of Christmas stories and see her house decorated. Karen is gifted with ceramics and porcelain and has somewhere between 300-400 Santa's of all shapes and varieties. Spencer could have stayed for hours.


I don't know how long we will have this California experience but the Lord is blessing us with meaningful friendships and experiences.

Story People Quote of the Day:
Being Good
I've always thought death was a lot like Christmas, he said. I can't wait to find out if being good the whole time was worth it.












Enough for now...Love to all.

No comments: