Sunday, September 09, 2007


Well this post will be a rambler cause I wanted to document a couple of things Spencer said to me yesterday on the way to the Walmart. We are driving down the street and he says, "Mom, this really is a great neighborhood to live in isn't it?." Continuing with, "I'm so glad that we don't live in Long Beach, that's where all the Junk Jackers live." Okay, I'm sure there are plenty of you out there that are so much cooler than I am. I had heard of car jackers, but junk jackers. Okay, apparently Junk Jackers are people who will steal anything, any ole junk. I guess there is an elaborate networks of junk fencers who want the junk. Who would have guessed that is going on in Long Beach?

Later, as we are pulling into the parking lot, he says, "Walmart, better be living up to their committments!" He was concerned about their statement, "always low prices." He is so amazingly random right now. I could listen to him philosophize for hours, until he launches into a conversation about the intricate characteristics of various Pokemons. He launched that topic and as gently as possible, I told him that I really don't follow Pokemons and that maybe we could talk about something interesting to both of us. He just looked at me and said, "Mom, I have tried to teach you." Then he said, "Sometimes it is not that the Teacher is not ready to teach but that the student is unwilling to learn."

How true my profound Son!

Enough for now...love to all

No comments: