Saturday, September 08, 2007


The fog is lifting. Today for the first time in about six weeks, I have some energy. My Dr. in SLC suggested that I try a gluten free diet for a week or so. One of the blood tests showed a possibility of Celiacs disease. I won't go into the gory details (intestines don't absorb nutrients). You basically get fatter while losing the ability to get any nutrients from your food. That just doesn't seem fair. Anyway no bread, cakes, cookies, pasta for the last few days and I am starting to feel better. Not an easy long term way of life but better than spending life in bed.

I took this picture of Kailey Jo while we were in SLC last week. She looks exactly like Clint. Poor Natalie, I understand the desire to see yourself in your child. Kids go through so many stages, I'm sure at some point we will see some of Natalie. Right now Michaela looks so much like Doug.

Enough for now...love to all.

1 comment:

Boyd Smith said...

Hi Stacey;

I'm glad to hear that you have more energy. Part of me hopes, that you have found the cure for what ales you. The other part of me thinks that the cure is worse than the sickness.

Keep getting better. All my love, Boyd