Thursday, July 26, 2007






I am an addict and I am raising a family of addicts. My only solace is that the things we are addicted to are not life threatening and will likely (hopefully) not land us on the sidewalk with our belongings in plastic garbage bags. This is a photo of Michaela. Her current passion/addition is Runescape. She chose to sit up on a counter continuing to play rather than take a brief break while we were vacuuming the floor beneath her feet. Okay, so her body is more nimble and what seemed totally uncomfortable to me is not that taxing for an 11 year old girl.


Spencer is addicted to "that darn DS." I have place severe restrictions in place. No...you may not take your gameboy to primary or scouts. No...you may not take your gameboy when we go out to eat as a family (one of the few times we have them captive for stimulating conversation). If I stand in front of you asking questions and your glazed ravenous eyes and ears register nothing I am saying, you will be banished from the electronic instrument of evil.

My addiction to Diet Coke is back with a vengence. It is the first craving I have each day as I wake.
My other newest addiction are these blogs themselves. I have begun to discover a network of women bloggers that I do not know personally but they know someone I know and they have some really interesting things to say. Some of them quite frankly have a little too much time on their hands or else they are so incredibly organized that their blogs like their homes are always spotless and well-tended. Also so interesting to watch the homefront businesses these creative women have cooked up. Today I came across a giveaway from a woman who is raffling off a blog redesign. She does beautiful layouts and charges $70 per to custom design your blog. I don't know what I'll do if I don't win.
Enough for now...love to all.

No comments: