Friday, June 22, 2007




Well yesterday was interesting. At 9:30 in the morning, I was sitting at my desk in sweats when Michaela called and plaintively cried, "Is anybody coming to my graduation?" What!!!!! I had no idea, 5th grade graduation. I pulled it together and ran with April (our new wonder helper/nanny) to the grocery store for flowers and a grad balloon. You see I have come to understand that we overcelebrate the mundane. If I don't want Michaela in a therapists office in 15 yrs. talking about what an absentee mother she had, I have to step up my game.
We got there took the photos and all was well. I did note that Michaela was one of 3 girls not wearing prom-like attire. The graduation lasted just over an hour, complete with 4 speeches and a listen to "I Have Been Changed for Good" from Wicked.
I only laugh...do you list 5th grade graduation on your resume? Is moving to Middle School cause for celebration?
I only know we did our best not to embarass our beautiful child. After all she is my world.
Enough for now....love to all.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

It makes me wonder if maybe all of these "graduations" will trivialize the ones that really matter? Only time will tell . . .
Way to go super mom! I doubt I would have made it!