Thursday, June 07, 2007


Sharpening the Saw!!!!

I thought I would post a panorama photo of my desk taken with my new Olympus Evolt 410

DSLR. I had originally intended to purchase a Canon Rebel but ended up with the Olympus because the package included two lenses and this camera is one of the first to offer the LCD screen as a viewfinder. It was a surprise to me but with most DSLR's you do need to look through the little window to frame the shot.

I am very intimidated by this new camera. I was inspired by the amazing photos on this blog: http://karenrussell.typepad.com/ The beautiful aperture shots where the childs face or key subject is highlighted. I want to up my photo game. But honestly there are few times where I have felt unable to "get it." This is one of those few occasions. I think it has something to do with my short attention span and the 4 pt. pica type of the camera manual. I swear I need a magnifying glass to read the thing and a translator to help me understand what they said. The language of photography is as foreign as any.

I will likely purchase a DSLR for Dummies manual. I also need to look into better photo storage as I move through this new "creative trivial pursuit." Look for beautiful things.

Enough for now...love to all.

2 comments:

carrie pearson said...

How did you get a picture of my desk? The worst part? It is also my bedroom...We need more space!

Boyd Smith said...

Congrats on the new camera. I need to spend some time on the blog that you recommended, because I can't seem to take pictures of any thing but mountains. Love for now, Boyd