Monday, May 14, 2007






I had the most interesting conversation with a colleague last Friday. I am working with one of our consultants and he shared with me that he had investigated the church around 10 years ago and was two days away from his baptism when he read a passage in the Book of Mormon-3 Nephi 20:19 that convinced him the Book of Mormon wasn't true.




I appreciated his openess with me and it came to light the intense amount of faith required to seek and understand the gospel of Jesus Christ.


It reminded me of a poem by Carol Lynn Pearson called "To An Atheist" where she talks about using the right tools to determine if God exists. I keep trying to find the poem online but just keep running into Mormon blogs.


For Mother’s Day yesterday, I received a long stem rose. Spence broke the stem. He was concerned that I would be upset (I wasn’t). A little later he brought the rose to me planted in dirt in a vase. It made me think of my conversation on Friday with my atheist friend and how we apply a set of learning to life. He knows that flowers grow in dirt but was missing the concept that the growth is in the root development. It demonstrates how simple our understanding of this earth can be and the necessity of faith when I am too busy/lazy to study.
I am grateful.


Enough for now...love to all.

No comments: