Wednesday, December 27, 2006



Such lazy days this week. I am working a few hours but off otherwise. So of course because there is time, we are all sick with colds. It is nice just to stay in bed and watch movies. We saw "Night at the Museum" on Christmas Day and "Eragon" yesterday at the theatre. Both great movies for families. I have noticed lately as my two are nearing adolescence, how difficult it is to find movies without trashy sexual references. We put on "Anchorman" and after 15 minutes, turned it off in favor of "The Incredibles." Had I been just with Doug or alone, I would have watched it but with my children, it just felt kinda sleazy. Spencer remarked that it "wasn't very respectful." It makes me grateful that he understands the difference. I know as the teen years come he may not feel the same way but it makes sense to reinforce his understanding of good movies and bad. Besides, how can the same be good for my spirit. It is hard to be disciplined because many of the shows I enjoy (Comedy Central) are in question. And for heaven's sake, why do we have to see those ridiculous Girl's Gone Wild ads every commercial.


The photo is Michaela's Project Runway pose. And a sweet picture of Kailey Jo on Christmas.

No comments: