Tuesday, December 12, 2006


Each night before we go to bed there is a request from Michaela for "Snuggle Time." This consists of 15 minutes or so with Spence and Michaela basically piled on top of me watching some kid friendly show before bedtime. If we are late and it can't happen--life is unbearable. I am grateful that my 9 and 10 year old still seek the comfort of my arms. I am already beginning to see the beginnings of separation. It happens so slowly--the first time your child turns their cheek when you try to kiss them goodbye at school. When your child doesn't want you to bear your testimony because you might cry and embarrass her. I sure they come back after the teen years but for now I need to hold them tight and bank these moments for what is surely to come.
Story People Quote of the Day:
We lay there & looked up at the night sky & she told me about stars called blue squares & red swirls & I told her I'd never heard of them. Of course not, she said, the really important stuff they never tell you. You have to imagine it on your own.
Enough for now...Love to all.

No comments: